Custom Search

Monday, November 3, 2008

Misleading Definitions

My Mac dictionary defines "feral" as the following:
"WILD, untamed, untamable, undomesticated, untrained".
I say UNTRUE. I have ten cats that I now called domestic that were previously categorised as feral. Let me tell you how I was able to achieve this over the next few weeks. 

The second part of the definition pertains to adjectival (is there such a word?) characteristics and personality:
"FIERCE, ferocious, vicious, savage, predatory, menacing, bloodthirsty".
Also completely UNTRUE. My ex-feral family cats are amongst the most lovable, cuddly, cheeky, intelligent and gorgeous felines I have ever had. And those people I know who have taken other feral kittens to their bosom, are in totally agreed with this assessment.

My definition of feral cats is that they are homeless.


No comments: