Custom Search

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Share Feral Cat Stories – Canadian Cats (Archie and Otto)




































I just received a wonderful email from Tame Feral Cats blog reader, David from Canada, who has kindly agreed to share it with you:
Well it's been 5 weeks since we adopted Archie and Otto from the Meow Foundation in Calgary Alberta. They are both feral cats. The first 3 weeks, they pretty much stayed in our bedroom, but then we opened up the bedroom door and they have been busy exploring the rest of the house. The have been doing this very slowly. They are now pretty relaxed in our living room and in the kitchen and I have been doing my best to get closer to them each and every day. Otto (brown tabby) was lying in between my legs on the floor, when Archie (orange fluffy) kind of attacked him. But the attack turned to a major licking frenzy ... I have never seen them do that before. They do get along well and play with each other every chance they get. They are soul-mates and they are slowly getting used to me and my wife. Archie enjoys getting brushed everyday and Otto enjoys playing with anything and everything.
As I said to David in an email – my heart skipped a beat when I saw the photos. The cats are gorgeous! And congratulations to David and his wife for opening up their home and doing such an amazing job with such great generosity and love. 

No comments: